- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: Share The Love: Box #83

26 October 2011

Share The Love: Box #83


Next up is a lovely lady called Anne who was having such an awful week when her box arrived, it couldn't have come at a better time. She discovered some new things amongst her treasures and some things she's always loved...




"I was having a really awful week when my box arrived and it completely cheered me up. All of the items were individually wrapped in stripy paper, and my fiance and I had loads of fun unwrapping everything. Inside was a card saying: 

"Dear Curious Person, I hope that this little box takes you on a journey - there are items in here that remind me of my childhood - sweet things and something chilling... Also, a very special book - it's my only copy of a book that changed the way I thought when I first read it. A little pack of cards + some pencils because I love stationery. And hearts, because love is where we came from + where we want to be xxx." 

The line about love really resonated with me in particular.

The first thing I unwrapped was a set of coloured pencils in a gorgeous red and white polka dot case. At this point, my fiance asked: "Does this person know you?" I am obsessed with all things striped and spotted, and I have a red and white spotted jewellery box that matches it perfectly. Next were some gorgeous cards and envelopes - like the sender, I love stationery and was thinking just last week that my stationery drawer had been totally depleted and I really ought to get some more.

The book in question turned out to be The Mists of Avalon by Marlon Zimmer Bradley, which I'd never heard of before. I love it when people give each other books that mean something to them and even wrote an article about this once. I can't wait to read it, though feel a little bad it's the sender's only copy so do let me know if you'd like it back afterwards.

Then I opened a set of Pac-Man ice cube trays, which will be so much fun - you can make Pac-Men (or whatever the plural would be) and ghosts! I love anything like that and up until recently actually had a job connected to Nintendo. There was a set of magnetic page clips shaped like Russian dolls which will come in handy as I just lose normal bookmarks, and a string of hearts to hang up - which is so funny because there's a rail in our new bedroom that I was just thinking needed something sweet to hang on it, and I was kicking myself because I had seen it when we looked round, intended to buy something to put on it and forgot.

Finally,there was a paper bag crammed full of retro sweets. At this point my fiance said: "Seriously, it's like this person knows you," because the first things we saw were Parma Violets, flying saucers and popping candy, all of which I'm completely obsessed with! There were also Black Jacks, Fruit Salad and Refreshers sweets, also all long-time favourites, and some candy jewellery.

I had so much fun opening this box, and it felt like it was made just for me! 

Thanks
Anne xx

3 comments:

  1. Mists of Avalon is a book I have read a few times. If you love Arthurian and Welsh mythology, Glastonbury and and magic legends you will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it all. I was unsure about putting the Parma Violets in, as I know they're a bit of a 'marmite' sweet (love them or hate them) but I love them! And I couldn't resist the pacman ice cubes!
    Mists of Avalon is Arthurian legend but told from a woman's point of view, it opened my mind up to mysticism and magic and made me fall in love with Cornwall before I lived there. I'm sure I'll get another copy one day, I haven't read this one for a long time. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really did, thank you - and that's so true about Parma Violets. Most people I know seem to hate them, but I love them. However I always forget to buy them and often complain that I don't have any! I'm glad you liked yours too. I had no idea who you were when I put it together when in actual fact I often look at the real weddings on your blog. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete