- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #11

5 December 2011

A Curious Christmas! Box #11

"My box arrived on the 1st of December, and the postman arrived just as I was about to leave my house so thankfully I was able to avoid a trip to the depot to collect it. I didn't have time to open it as I was already running late, so I placed it carefully in the kitchen for when I arrived home. I had a busy morning, and must admit I had totally forgotten about my box until I arrived home.

I packed the kiddies of to their beds for their afternoon sleep and stuck the kettle on. I was very excited to open my parcel and see what was inside. The package itself was wrapped in brown paper - a personal favourite of mine - with some fab sticky tape to decorate it. 


Upon opening the first layer I found a shoebox with a note to say "PS Apologies for the Clarks shoe box, I promise it gets better inside'. I found a gorgeous postcard with a lovely message for me - I don't think my snippet about me was very useful as all I said was that I was a mummy - but the contents of the box were perfect. The note read... 


"Dear Curious Friend, I have stuffed this box full of pretty things that I love. As you're a mummy I'm guessing you don't have time for treats or self-indulgence so I've tried to deliver you some in your box. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed filling it. With love and curiousness, your secret squirrel xxx Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too!"


I was already feeling warm and fuzzy inside and I hadn't even opened anything!
There were so many goodies in the box, I didn't know where to start. I spotted some Malteasers which I opened and I enjoyed these (a lot!) with my cup of tea as I worked my way through the beautifully wrapped gifts. Some of the gifts were handmade - a gorgeous ceramic brooch, some brightly coloured bow decorations and origami birds - and all so thoughtful. I also found a cookery book, some Christmas tissues, a bundle of cute pencils tied up with ribbon, some party straws, another gorgeous brooch this time of two birds, a bar of amazing looking soap (smells amazing too!), a packet of crocus to plant (which I'll do with my toddler), a silver glass bauble and a large blue paper decoration (which my toddler has found this morning and loved!) My baby daughter also loved the wrapping paper and was very intrigued by it.



Thank you so much for the very thoughtful gifts - it was a pleasure to open and made me smile so much.

Merry Christmas."

Sarah

Leftovers really are the best, especially at Christmas. Enjoy that book Sarah and we hope you find some mummy time over the holidays (Miss Curiosity knows how exhausting it can be!)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment