- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #122

18 December 2011

A Curious Christmas! Box #122


The second gent of the project, Mike, has received a box that epitomises a proper German Christmas...



"Dear Miss Curiosity,

First off can I say a HUGE thank you for organising this, I haven't enjoyed the run up to Christmas this much in years!

Anyway, I was woken early one morning last week by a ring at the door. The delivery man said that there was a parcel from Germany, which had me thinking "What have I bought on eBay now?". However I was massively surprised when a rather large box, covered in brown paper, arrived instead!

Inside was a box covered in very festive red metallic paper. I haven't been this excited about opening a present since I was a kid, so that paper didn't stay on for too long. Inside were several beautifully wrapped gifts and a lovely Christmas postcard that said

        "Hello Curious friend, I hope that this box finds you well and I hope that you enjoy its contents as much as I enjoyed putting it together. I hope you have a very Happy Christmas, from Katie in Stuttgart, Germany"

Well, all I can say is a big thank you to Katie, as everything in the box is divine!




There was a lovely chipboard reindeer decoration with a sixpence attached on a card, to be put into the xmas pudding. There was also a CD to be listened to while decorating the tree. A lovely big box filled with chocolate Euros and peppermint bark, a mug with a little bottle of wine and mulled wine spice mix and the most deliciously Christmassy smelling tea bags with a little plastic reindeer head tea bag holder that clips on the side of a mug, genius!!




There was also a great metallic and glass tea light holder. In another box were two gorgeous Christmas decorations, a vintage styled glass bauble with Santa on the inside and a slate gingerbread man decoration, inscribed in German. Finally there was a wooden moon decoration, which was uncanny because I have a collection of unusual carved wooden decorations!





I really cannot thank Katie enough for all the thought and effort she put in to this box and cannot wait to be part of this great swap again!

Mike."     

No comments:

Post a Comment