- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #130

19 December 2011

A Curious Christmas! Box #130

Next up, a truly beautiful box with an incredibly thoughtful meaning...


"Dear Miss Curiosity

So my box arrived today...Imagine the scene, I was laid on the sofa, duvet on, surrounded by what I can only describe as a blizzard of tissues, and an empty box of flu plus pills and water, when all of a sudden I heard a knock at the door, I guess you can imagine my reluctance to get up and answer the door!


Suddenly I remembered it might be my BOX!!! So I heaved my sorry self from the sofa straight to the door. After informing my postie I had the dreaded lurgy hence only partially opening the door (then her taking a good three paces back) we hastily exchanged signature for parcel.

So I set to opening it with the help of my 5yr old who was off school also with the lurgy.


First thing I saw was a card saying 'Do not open until you have opened all your gifts'  how exciting!!
I started to gently unwrap all the tissue paper (which by the way is a godsend in itself as I was after some to wrap my christmas prezzies in!) and found a gorgeous fabric bag with a label that says 'A Happy Christmas' that had the presents contained (this will be used again and again!)

Like everyone else who's received a box, everything was perfect! I love vintage and lace and handmade things! 

The box contained:
  • A gorgeous heart tree decoration (obsessed with decorations, you can never have enough!)
  • A flower brooch in a gorgeous heart box ( just love love love this)
  • 2 Handmade Victorian inspired cards (I have a slight obsession with all things Victorian so they are brilliant! Going to get sent to my family and partner's family)
  • A pack full of vintage 'bits n' bobs' (Can't wait to feel 100% again this is the first thing I'm going to do!)   
  • 2 Christmas cracker toys - magic calculator game and a fortune teller fish (which brings back  great memories from Christmases past, dad would tease us endlessly if it said we were in love!)  But today it told me I was fickle :/ hehe (picture to prove it!)


Last but certainly not least was a present that brought a tear to my eye (in a good way). A rectangular box with a lovely label that said 'for grandma' (I had put in my note about myself that I help care for my grandma with Alzheimers) and inside was a beautiful bookmark that says 'this bookmark belongs to grandma'. My curious sender said they had volunteered for the Alzheimer's Society, unfortunately my grandma is in the late stages and can no longer do anything for herself, but I am going to treasure the bookmark forever and she would have loved it. (She was the thriftiest and craftiest person I've ever known, I like to think that's where I got my passion from).

So thank you from the bottom of my heart my curious friend, you really did make my day today :D and thank you to the project too, long may it reign.

Joanne   xx                                          

If you would like to make a donation to the Alzheimer's Society, you can do so by clicking the link

xx

3 comments:

  1. Okay, crying now! What a thoughtful gift x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful christmas Joanne, so glad you loved your little box of treasures!! Keepin touch my new curious friend!!!

    Vicky
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Vicky! I have sent you a fb message. x

    ReplyDelete