- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #131

19 December 2011

A Curious Christmas! Box #131



"I got to the door on Saturday morning to greet the Postman with my Curiosity box, I was so excited!  My daughter Lexie was with me too, she's 4 and was so eager to get into the parcel.  What made it even better for her was that the fantastic sender sent a little vintage book, chocolate coins and a candy cane, so so thoughtful.

The box was full to brimming of wonderful little trinkets and gifts all beautifully wrapped in Christmas tissue paper.  The smell of the box was fantastic as there was a Orla Kiely fig scented box for a draw or wardrobe.  I must also admit I have a thing about Kirstie Allsopp so when I opened one of the little packets I was pleased as punch to see a hankie embroidered with the words "What would Kirstie do?"





 The box contents were:

A vintage ceramic jug
A vintage egg cup re purposed into a pin cushion
Cane Cane
Chocolate Coins
Orla Kiely Smelly
Vintage Ladybird book (Picture is Lexie getting stuck in)
Fabric Covered Notebook
Note cards and Envelopes
Handmade Felt Christmas Tree Decoration
Handmade Lace Brooch
Rose Patterned Paper Tissues


The box really made my day and Lexie's too.  The decoration is now gracing my Christmas Tree, the candy cane and chocolate coins have been polished off, and I just can't wait to use the rest of the things I received."

Lorraine xx

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! That's my box! I'm so glad the book was a success - I really wanted to include you both (and the photo is great!). It was so much fun, and even better to hear how much you enjoyed it. Have a wonderful Christmas.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete