- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #161

20 December 2011

A Curious Christmas! Box #161




"My parcel arrived at the end of a particularly rubbish week, and lifted my spirits so much! Thank you for such thoughtful and lovely gifts! The gifts all came in a beautiful Robin tin (Robins are particularly special to me, and the patterns all over it remind me of Orla Kiely's designs, who my daughter was named after!), except for a beautiful journal that didn't fit inside, which has not left my side since I received it, and is already filling up full of to do lists (I am useless if I don't list everything) and will be perfect for documenting all of my daughter's Christmas gifts this year (I usually write down who we need to send thank you notes to on a scrap of paper and then lose it!) and for many other things throughout the year.


Inside the tin was a lovely letter from the sender, and it smelled lovely from the scent of three button soaps (I am a bit obsessed about buttons). Delving further into the tin I found some beautiful eye shadows which are just my colour and perfect because I have just ran out! You can also see that my daughter took a shine to these, although it will be a while before she can wear eye shadows! haha! Then I found some yummy chocolate (perfect after the week I had had!), Christmas themed cookie cutters (I cannot explain how many years I have wanted some of these for, but never treated myself to them! It's like you read my mind!) and the most fabulous handmade by my sender snowmen earrings that I will most likely wear non-stop every year in the run up to Christmas. The note that came with these earrings really touched my heart to be included in my sender and her mother's Christmas tradition.
There was also a gorgeous Christmas tree decoration that fits in perfectly on my tree, and I will take great pleasure every year putting this on my tree and remembering the kindness of strangers! Each item had a lovely luggage tag on it explaining why it was personal to the sender which I found very touching.



Christmas Eve shall be spent baking gingerbread and using my cookie cutters, and in the echoes of many other posts before, I was so touched and amazed to find a connection with someone I have never met (and will now tweet because she kindly wanted to stay in touch).

Thank you Tiffany for such a fabulous idea!"

No comments:

Post a Comment