- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #166

20 December 2011

A Curious Christmas! Box #166




"After fretting about the whereabouts of my box for a while, my neighbour brought it over this evening (without batting an eyelid at the fact that it was addressed to 'My Curious Christmas Friend'). The box was wrapped in stripy paper and parcel string and some of the presents inside were tied up in little scarves... it looked amazing and was way more impressive than my own presentation skills! On top there was a rhyming note with an excerpt from 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas', telling me about the presents I was about to open (I've never read it, but it reminded me of 'The Walrus and the Carpenter' from Alice in Wonderland, which is one of my favourite things!)




Inside I found:

A selection of teas - I have a work teapot and a home teapot because I drink so much, so these are perfect! The tins are great too and will definitely be reused once the tea has met its watery demise.
A red felt brooch - this matches the lining of my coat and will be pinned on there very shortly
A black and white printed tea towel - I love the pattern on this!
Two handmade (by my curious friend?) felt christmas decorations (which will be used elsewhere in my house after the festive season!)
A heart shaped baking tray to make heart shaped goodies - I have heart shaped cookie cutters which I use all the time to make savoury delights, so this will be in my oven as soon as I have picked a recipe.
A cherry printed bag - very cute, unlikely to survive Christmas without being stolen by one of my sisters
A pair of tights with stars on them - I will be wearing these on Christmas Day! 




And also the scarves which the presents were wrapped in - I will definitely come up with a use for these (I am not generous enough to use them for other people's presents... unless they give them back afterwards.)

Given that I didn't write much in the 'about me' box, I am impressed with my curious friend's psychic powers (everything I buy tends to be black, grey and red and I am also a fan of hearts and stars). I have not been feeling very festive yet this year, but I now feel a warm glow... is it just the tea? No... it's Christmas! Thanks for your thoughtfulness curious friend!"

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it was a bit late but so glad it was received well! Yes, the tree decs and brooch were all handmade so they may not last haha! Also my first time trying out furoshiki (wrapping with fabrics) and it's great for awkward shapes I must say!

    Happy Christmas from one tea monster to another :)

    Charley x

    ReplyDelete