- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #176

21 December 2011

A Curious Christmas! Box #176



 "Dear Tiffany,

Just as I pressed send on my previous email saying I hadn't yet received my box... the postman knocked on the door and handed over my parcel (see image 1)! 
Waiting beneath the brown paper was such a pretty basket full of beautifully wrapped gifts and a note on top telling me to open the gifts first - curiouser and curiouser! 


Every time I unwrapped a present I laughed, smiled and felt like the sender really had managed to work me out just from my slightly crazy, somewhat rambling bio. My Curious Friend hit the nail on the head with everything - including the slightly confusing tissues... they weren't confusing when I opened the note and read it, instead they proved very handy!



My gifts were:
  • Toy racing car (which my son is already trying to claim is for him - I think not!)
  • Packet of tissues
  • Sour sweets - including some traditional 'Black Death' sweets (these excite me A LOT!)
  • A bag of beautiful beads
  • A gorgeous box full of all the fixings and bits that I'd need to make jewellery out of the beads (she really has thought of everything!)
  • Socks (everybody needs socks for christmas!)
  • Bookmarks (again my son is telling me I don't need both...)
  • Cocktail sticks (they made me giggle)
  • 1811 dictionary of the vulgar tongue (simply genius - I love it)
  • A hand printed dog key ring (really cute)


but none of this meant as much as the note did. The note carefully talked me through each gift - the care and thought that had gone into it all and the little explanations of each was fabulous. 

I wish I knew who my Curious Friend was just so i could write a proper thank you and tell her all about my dogs and how I totally understand the joy, love and fun they bring. 
By the end of the letter I was in tears... 

Please pass on my heartfelt thanks to my sender. "

2 comments:

  1. P.S. black death sweets are awesome... Thank you Curious Friend!
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how pleased I am that you liked everything - I had a brilliant time putting it all together and knowing it hit the spot has made my Christmas!

    And, I LOVE the fact that you have dogs too, so my ramblings my have made some sense.

    Merry Christmas my Curious Friend - have a good one!

    ReplyDelete