- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #20

7 December 2011

A Curious Christmas! Box #20



Good morning one and all! Our first box of the day has a wonderfully festive feel to it, sent by a child who has put lots of love and thought into Becky's gift box...


"Dear Curious Folk

I was still in the office yesterday evening when I received a text from my other half: "Your box has arrived!" accompanied by a photo of a parcel wrapped in brown paper. Kate, my friend who I car-share with, and I speculated the whole journey home as to its contents.

When I arrived home, I eagerly unwrapped the brown paper to find a beautiful gold and white flock patterned box tied with a big, red ribbon.

My other half and his mum crowded around the kitchen table for the grand opening, and what a wonderful surprise! The first thing I opened was a white envelope, which contained a beautiful home-made Christmas card, and it read:

"To Curious Person

I hope that your box has arrived safley.

The gingerbread man decoration I have handmade myself. In your description it said that you liked baking and knitting, that is why I included the book and the wool. I picked red wool as I thought it was a festive colour and reminds me of Christmas. The bath bomb is for you to have a nice warm bath on those cold winter evenings. I love the smell of cinnamon and it is a christmas spice so that is why I chose that candle and I chose the winter wonderland candle as I love it when it snows. The candle holder can be removed from its base so you can use it all year round. I hope you like everything in the box and I hope you have a very merry Christmas.

P.S If you are wondering who made this card it wasn't me it was my mum."



I was absolutely delighted to think that my curiosity box had been made by a child (I'm very sorry, Curious Friend - I don't know how old you are?) and it suddenly became 10 times more special.

The gingerbread has taken pride of place on the miniature Christmas tree on our bedroom windowsill and -I have to say- he's a very handsome chap! My curious friend has a much steadier hand than me - the embroidery is so neat!


The bold red wool will come in extremely handy - thank you! I've decided to make a garland of knitted hearts with it, to decorate the house.

The book, 'Celebration Cupcakes', is fabulous! I have already read it cover-to-cover and I'm going to attempt to make the Guinness cupcakes with Baileys frosting this afternoon - what a treat! I'm sure my boyfriend and his dad will be very pleased with that curious gift!




I love candles and the ones in my curiosity box smell absolutely delicious, as does the bath bomb, which I very much look forward to using this weekend. As you can see from the photos, I've got my Winter Wonderland candle burning right now, in the beautiful candle holder, on my dressing table - my bedroom smells wonderful!


Curious Friend, I cannot thank you enough for such a sweet, thoughtful box - you have brought a big smile to my face. I hope you and your mum (who is rather brilliant at card-making) have a smashing Christmas and that you enjoy receiving your own curiosity box as much as I've enjoyed mine.

With love -

Becky"

We absolutely LOVE your Gingerbread man-can we have one for our tree please?!

xx

3 comments:

  1. This has inspired me to make these Gingerbread men at my Christmas Craft Guide Meeting. Please could you tell your readers about our event to #SaveThe2ndWestHampsteadGuides? Join our Twitter campaign. We will be at the O2 Centre NW3 on Finchley Road, London this Sunday making edible campfires and trying to recruit more girls. See event info on my blog.

    astitchinteatime (dot) wordpress (dot) com

    If we don't recruit more members before Christmas we will be forced to close so please spread the word x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you like your box and tiffany if you give me your address I could make and send you a gingerbread man :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it was so lovely - thanks so much, Louise - made my week :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete