- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #223

28 December 2011

A Curious Christmas! Box #223



"I got my lovely Curious Parcel on Boxing Day, which was perfect timing, as Boxing Day isn't celebrated in France - everyone was back to work, and I was feeling the odd twinge of the Christmas comedowns, so it was lovely to be able to extend the festivities!

The box itself was a metal tin, crammed with goodies. After emptying it, I realised that the tin was a music box - what a lovely idea! It made me grin like a loon.



As well as a lovely handwritten card addressed 'To Curious Jen', I received:

• Some heart-shaped choccies (which I am ashamed to say have already been eaten in their entirety)

• A very cute snowman cookie cutter

• A snowflake table decoration, which will be in pride of place on my table until 12th night.

• A glowing snowflake which turns all sorts of lovely bright colours and is sitting underneath my tree.

• A recipe for focaccia, which I've never made before but can't wait to try as it sounds delicious .

• A miniature holly decoration, made with ...

• ... Shrinkies - plastic sheets to draw and create decoration or jewellery that can be shrunk in the oven. I used to have a set of pre-drawn 'Shrinkles' when I was little, which were in the shape of fairies to colour in. I loved putting them in the oven and making badges and keyrings for my little friends, so it was a real blast from the past to find this grown-up version in the parcel. I can't wait to get drawing and shrinking!



Pure brilliance!

And then there was the piece de la resistance:

A pair of hand knitted slippers in a lovely rich purple which fit me perfectly and are so cosy that I want to wear them all the time.

Thank you so much, my curious friend - I love my curiosity package, and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!"

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad it arrived, and that the slippers fit!

    ReplyDelete