- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #227

29 December 2011

A Curious Christmas! Box #227



 "As I handed the delivery slip to the stern looking man at the sorting office last week, he paused as he read the name of the addressee.

A twinkle appeared in his eye: "We've had a few of these in, love. Come with me."

I followed him into the office where he shouted to his colleague, chattering to me the whole time about the lady who'd been in last week and told him all about the Curiosity Project and how much she had been looking forward to opening her Curiosity Box. I told him I was planning to wait until Christmas to open mine. The lady last week had been pretty eager to get home and open hers, he told me.

"Fred, Fred, have a look at this. This is what I was telling you about. It'll be on the top shelf on the left out the back."

Fred looked disinterestedly at the card. "But hang on, what name is it under?"

"That's just it, there is no name. You don't know who it's for or who's sent one to you. We've been putting them under C".

The clerk returned quickly with my post and my new friend looked just about, if not more excited about the box than me.

"That'll be a treat for Christmas" he said as I trotted merrily out the door, box clutched firmly in my hands "Hope you get some nice surprises".

So heading home with my box under my arm I was grateful to the lady who shared the Curiosity Project story at the sorting office , having someone share my excitement was such a lovely way to pick up my Curiosity Box.
           
I managed to wait until Christmas eve to open it. And how lucky I was to receive such a lovely present!

A beautiful package all wrapped up in Shakespeare!


My box was filled with treats and like many of the curiosity box recipients, it felt as though the sender knew me. Here are some pictures, which describe the beautiful, bright box much better than I can do in words:

There were lots of luxury bath time goodies from Lush (my favourite!), some very posh leaf tea from Fortnum and Masons and some delightfully packaged vintage books which I can’t wait to read.

There were lots of pretty flowers in the box, including a bright, dark pink brooch for which will look perfect on my winter coat, but best of all was a homemade garland of origami cranes.







 A neighbour a few doors away has one of these hanging in their window and I’ve been so jealous every time I walk past. I love cranes and have them all around my house and also a few pieces of artwork depicting them, but I never felt that I could make myself a garland!

I’m so lucky to have a new friend who made one for me! Thank you so much!"




No comments:

Post a Comment