- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #27

8 December 2011

A Curious Christmas! Box #27

The sender of this box did something utterly brilliant and knitted a mini coat for the recipient's dog, Ollie. Sharing the love also extends to family pets too you know...


"The arrival of my box was met with interest from all the family - my dog included. They all gathered round while I opened it up to expose a brown paper package neatly tied up with pretty ribbon and stamped 'Happy Curious Christmas'. I was so excited to open it. Ever since I chanced upon The Curiosity Project on Twitter, I was intrigued and touched by its sentiment. 

Kindness is something we usually keep for those closest to us, those we love most, and often it goes past without anyone truly appreciating it. This was a chance to do something kind and thoughtful for someone else - someone that we don't know, will probably never meet, and best of all, we never need to. It's an unspoken act of kindness, the warmest kind of all.





My Curious Sender sent me an array of beautiful things in my box, and every single one of them was a joy. From the teeny-tiny slinky (which has been taken over by my boyfriend) to the knitted jumper for my Yorkie Ollie, to the little handmade purple button earrings, every single thing was chosen with thoughtfulness. I loved the knitted bow brooch in my favourite purple, and the gorgeous silk ribbon rose corsage which looks great on my red jacket!



 The cookie recipe written and tied to some snowflake cutters was just perfect. I love reading recipes and sharing new ones, and its a nice notion that it will go in my recipe journal and passed down to my children, hopefully, one day! All of this from someone I don't know. That's the beauty of it.

The knitted tree decoration hangs on my Christmas tree, next to decorations I made at nursery, baubles given to me by special people, trinkets that my grandmother hung on her Christmas tree when she was a young woman. Every year, when I decorate the tree, that decoration will remind me of my kind and curious friend.


And that's the beauty of it all. A random act of kindness by someone we don't know, someone who we can't really thank for it, and someone who has no obligation to us. These are the acts of kindness that mean the most.

Thank You.

Thanks for hosting this project. You probably don't realise how much good you're doing. Keep it going.

Steph"

Thank you for a wonderful write-up Steph. Indeed, it's not so much the receiving that made us start up the project, but the excitement of sending something meaningful to a stranger and the feeling of having made someone happy through it. We'll keep it going as long as it's needed.

xx

3 comments:

  1. YAY! You got it! I've been checking the blog every day to see if my box had been posted yet! EEEK it's so exciting, i'm so glad you and everyone including Ollie loved it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, I'm so glad you commented! Thank you so much for the box, really and truly, it was just gorgeous and perfect!

    You really are very talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh thanks it's very sweet of you to say so!

    Morgan x

    ReplyDelete