- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #29

8 December 2011

A Curious Christmas! Box #29


This box is undoubtedly rated amongst Miss Curiosity's top 5. The decoupage, the decorations, the door knobs...yes, we did say door knobs...


"I got home from a long day at work to find a box sitting in the hallway.  It was wrapped in brown paper and was covered in stickers.  This can only mean one thing, I thought: my curiosity project box has arrived!

I dashed upstairs to grab my camera and then dashed back downstairs again, picking up the box on the way, and sat myself down at the kitchen table to open it.
My parents must have thought I was mad, for as each layer of wrapping came off, I stopped to take a photo.  “It’s for the Curiosity Project” I told them.  They nodded and smiled politely.

Underneath the brown paper was a box, and in that box was another box: a beautiful box tied up with ribbon with two birds pictured on it.



I opened the box and gasped: it was like Mary Poppins’ handbag! The 14x14cm box was chock full of treasures:

❆ A pair of socks with birds on them.  I love patterned socks!  And birds!
❆ A handmade hanging bird decoration – made by the sender?
❆ A Mulberry postcard – a clue about where the sender works perhaps?
❆ A hanging heart decoration.  So sweet!
❆ Two lovely little polka dot drawer knobs.  I’m going to attach them to my craft drawers.
❆ A scented candle – “Christmas Eve”.  My bedroom smells gorgeous!
❆ 3 cross-stictch kits – “Hopeful Owl”, “Emporer Penguin” and “Christmas Eve Owl”. They should keep me out of mischief for a bit!
❆ Some tiny mother of pearl buttons. I’m thinking up a special project for these.
❆ Some tiny silver musical charms.  And another special project for these.


The last two items I nearly missed because they were wrapped up in a little piece of floral cotton fabric. I don’t know what I thought would be wrapped inside, but I didn’t decide to take a look until much later in the evening, so it was a lovely added surprise which prolonged the enjoyment just a little bit more.


Thank you so very much, curious sender, for all these wonderful gifts.  I feel so lucky to have been able to take part in this project, and receive something from someone I’ve never met before who has clearly spent a lot of time thinking about what to include.

I really enjoyed putting my box together for my curious recipient, and I am checking the blog every day, looking out for when my box appears .

Lastly, I’d like to say a massive thank you to Tiffany, who organised the whole thing. It’s such a lovely idea, and it has completely restored my faith in people, and that they are prepared to devote time and effort and thought into something for another person – a stranger – to make their day.
Best wishes for Christmas and 2012."

Emma

Cross-stitch and embroidery are the best crafts in the world, fact! Have a wonderful time enjoying your box of goodies over Christmas Emma, you lucky thing you!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment