- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #39

11 December 2011

A Curious Christmas! Box #39

Christmas is a time for kitsch. Amen to that! 


"Hi Miss Curiosity,

I wanted to let you know my box arrived today!  It was the most exciting moment of Christmas 2011 so far, I could barely wait to collect the parcel from my local sorting office and get it home to unwrap!  

The box itself was beautifully wrapped and when I opened the packing paper there was a gorgeous Christmas box inside!  Once I had taken the ribbon off the box, it opened to reveal a pile of sparkly teal tinsel!  Underneath this I found a collection of individually wrapped packages, all with a descriptive label offering a clue to the contents.

The first item that I came across was an old family photograph, on the back was written 

"For me, Christmas is about family, food, sparkle, gifts and kitsch! I wish you a wonderful Christmas and hope you enjoy your curious box!"  

It seems that we both share a love of all things Christmas, and if I could sum up what I love about this season I would use those exact same words!










In the box I found some chocolates, a kitsch tree ornament, some lovely colourful baubles, a pair of Christmas socks and a beautiful notepad containing hand made paper.  There was also an exquisite flower hair clip which was made by my very generous giver.  

My favourite items were the bottle of potato pearls which were from the stash of my giver, and also some lovely personal momentos from a recent holiday, some coral from the red sea and a rock from the summit of Mount Sinai.  





Other little gifts were the cutest miniature sewing kit in the shape of a smiling piggie, a CD of some swinging festive tunes, a little tin of vintage buttons, and a set of fairy lights for my computer!





I was incredibly lucky to get my mysterious giver as they have put an incredible amount of thought and effort into my curious box.  It has started my Christmas season with a wonderful surprise and I shall look forward to taking part in future projects!

Thanks for all your efforts in organising this wonderful project!"

Jilly xxx

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jilly

    I am so glad you enjoyed your box! I really enjoyed making it for you! I'm still waiting for my box to arrive....

    Take care

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete