- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #62

14 December 2011

A Curious Christmas! Box #62



"My Curiosity parcel arrived last Tuesday and I ran down stairs when I heard a knock at the door. The excitement was overwhelming and was just what I needed after the week I had had.
My mom passed away towards the end of November just 3 days before her birthday and although it was expected it was still very sudden if that makes sense.  Then a few days after that my teenage son had major abdominal surgery as a result of him having Crohns so all in all a very stressful and emotional week. So the arrival of my Curiosity parcel was very welcome.
In my excitement I almost forgot the camera!

This is what I saw upon the grand opening …

Inside was a lovely card explaining what the gifts were and the thought behind them.


The first present was the gorgeous whale print bag which was handmade by the person who sent it to me. I adore it and it will be going in my handbag as I am forever rummaging around trying to locate things so now they can be altogether x
Next was the lovely trim that has come from my senders grannies sewing box – how I love it! Not sure what to use it for yet but the ideas are buzzing in my head and after the festivities of Christmas, I shall be putting it to good use.


I also received a jar of homemade plum, cinnamon and orange jam which I have to confess is all gone now – it was soooo nice and far too nice to share although I did let my son have a taste! I have been mulling over giving jam-making a go and this has convinced me to try it.

There was also a little silver heart which was also handmade and it is adorable. My 12 year old daughter has asked if she can have it but the jury is still out on that one.



My final picture is showing the jam put to good use … as well as all my lovely goodies together.

Finally, I would just like to thank my curious friend for the delightful things she chose for me. It is such a lovely feeling that total strangers can be so thoughtful and kind in a time when most people only seem to think of themselves and I think this project goes a long way to restore one’s faith in human nature.
My last words will be to share with you the five rules for happiness which I do feel pretty much sum things up nicely …

1.     Free your heart from hatred
2.     Free your mind from worries
3.     Live simply
4.     Give more
5.     Expect less

So thank you very much my Curious Friend, and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy Crafting New Year xxx







1 comment:

  1. Dear Curious Friend,

    So glad that I was able to bring a little extra festive cheer to you. Particularly great to hear that you liked the jam - more than happy to send you the recipe, and YES you must try your hand at it!

    Wishing you a wonderful New Year, full of adventure and curiosity. Xx

    ReplyDelete