- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #74

15 December 2011

A Curious Christmas! Box #74




"My curiosity box arrived yesterday afternoon and I am over the moon with its contents.

I had a funny feeling that it was going to arrive and in fact I took a half day from work to catch the postman! Spooky.

The first thing I notice about the parcel was the smell, it was beautiful and really strong. So I ripped open the parcel to find the culprit and I found a gorgeous handmade heart with a lovely cut out pattern on the front (very Rob Ryan). I think it is filled with Lavender but I wasn't sure if there was something else mixed in there. I would love to know what it is.

I then spotted the Elle Decorating magazine, I haven't seen this one before and it has some lovely ideas in there. This will inspire me in the new year for displays in my shop.

The yankee candle is lovely, no home should be without one.

And my favourite items are the balls of wool, crochet hook and buttons. I am an avid crocheter and my favourite colours are marine hues so this wool is perfect. There was also a link to a website I hadn't heard of before with a crochet pattern for a snood. I know what I will be doing over christmas.

Thank you so much to my sender, your gifts were thoughtful and perfect for me. Merry Christmas."

Gem xxx

3 comments:

  1. HaHa - Im a big rob ryan fan :) The heart has lavender and figgy pudding fragrance oil in there - I need to apologise about the lack of box - I was very disorganised - it was the first time ive done it so now i look at all the photos I see a box is crucial!
    I put in my fave magazine and I hope you enjoy your crochet - ive been doing them for Christmas - great fun!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  2. also - tell me about your shop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Em

      Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I only just noticed your comments. Thank you so much for my gifts, I love them. The magazine is fantastic for inspiration. I own a vintage shop in Radyr, Cardiff called Vintage Gem. We sell mainly vintage home-wares, furniture, jewellery and accessories so I had great fun over christmas changing all of my displays. I haven't started my crochet project yet, I have been commissioned to make a baby blanket and it is taking up all my spare time but I can't wait to start my snood.

      I hope you had a great Christmas and that the box you received was as lovely as the one you sent me.

      Gem xx

      Delete