- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #244

1 January 2012

A Curious Christmas! Box #244



"Well, firstly I would like to apologise to my lovely curious friend for the lateness of this email and attached photos. Unfortunately, although I photographed the contents as soon as it arrived, my camera failed and I lost virtually all the images! I tried in vain to recover them but alas, it was not to be. I rescued a couple but have had to wait until after the Christmas mayhem, to re-take them all (and gather the contents from all corners of my house!)
So, finally, I have some photos to show you of my fabulous Curious Christmas box!
After an exhausting couple of weeks, the postman came to my door with a lovely festive-looking box which really made me smile, We were right in the middle of our busiest period with the business and to be able to sit down for a few minutes and indulge in something completely for me was bliss! Once I had removed the brown paper, underneath was a beautiful red floral box. Perfect, as red is my favourite colour and the flowers were lovely (my family say I have a small obsession with boxes, so this one will be well used!)



I lifted the lid and the box was crammed with parcels all wrapped in jolly Union Jack paper. I was instructed to open all the gifts first and I opened them with a big grin on my face!

Inside the box was:

A beautiful red sparkly scarf - I wore it the very next day...I love it!
A pink/blue Union Jack heart - we put it on our Christmas tree and it looks great!
A lovely cupcake mug and peppermint tea - perfect after over-indulging during the Christmas hols!
Origami post-it notes - what a great idea! My origami skills amount to the construction of a flapping bird, so I'm looking forward to learning some new ones!
A gift bow made from a magazine - love this, great recycling idea.
A pink eye mask 'approach with caution' - I am yet to use this but I'm hoping it will come in handy very soon! (if 7 month old & 4 yr old will let me!!)
A bag of chocolate kisses - I have hidden these for a night time treat!
Some green/red candy canes - my eldest son claimed these as soon as I opened the box!!
A lovely little pen & pencil set in a pink case 'share my thoughts' - very handy for when I'm out & about to jot things down.
2 Superman Comics - I actually love comics myself (appeals to my artistic nature) but my eldest son (4) has just learnt to read and has loved looking at the pictures and attempting to read the dialogue.
'Best Christmas Book' - I absolutely love this series of books and didn't realise there was a Christmas version. It is a brilliant book, full of trivia, history, useful tips and so on. I've really enjoyed reading this and will be used again and again. I have some others in the same series and I'm delighted to now own this one!
A beautiful handmade stocking just for me! - this really is gorgeous and my curious friend has even used my favourite Cath Kidston fabrics!! It is beautifully made and very special indeed. I love the 'Curious Christmas' ribbon across the stocking.








I am delighted with my Curious Christmas box - it has been a real treat. I would like to say a huge thank you to 'L', my curious friend for sending me such a special selection of gifts - for taking the time to make and choose items just for me and for making me smile! I hope she had a wonderful Christmas and hope next year is even better."

With much love.

Heidi xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay! So totally glad you love it!


    I love nothing more than re/upcycling and all my christmas pressies had magazine gift bows on them this year :)

    L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hi Lauren! It was just perfect!! Thank you so much for putting all that effort in for me - I have been wearing my sparkly scarf for most of the holidays!!
    Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete