- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #256

2 January 2012

A Curious Christmas! Box #256




"I was completely overwhelmed by what I found inside my box. I have never before received a gift where so much thought and passion had gone into its creation. My curious creator is clearly a very gifted person as I had lots of handmade items that were absolutely beautiful. I felt as if the person must have known me for years as everything was totally 'me'. Nobody has ever got a present so right before! I couldn't wait to go through every item again and again, re-read the labels and find homes for my new things.




My favourites in the box had to be:
- the remnants of beautiful fabric with a tiny jar of buttons and ribbon
- the postcard dating back decades ago (and possibly foreign) with a loving message to a sister at Christmas
- the old book containing Betty's Chinese lesson (my grandmother is called Betty and I used to live in Hong Kong, so I know this story and it is such a beautiful old tale)
- the collection of vintage adverts on the box, in a notebook and on postcards (I collect such adverts and can't wait to add these to my wall)



Thank you so much to the kind, curious person who made this box. Your gifts will be truly treasured, used and loved. I feel as if I have someone in the world who knows me so well, yet has never met me - incredible."

2 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased the box arrived safely! I loved putting it all together.

    Ooh, and if you like them, the labels are from Knit 'n' Healthy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/Knitnhealthy).

    Katy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab, I'll look out for those. Thanks so much again x

    ReplyDelete