- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #278

4 January 2012

A Curious Christmas! Box #278





"Oh my goodness – what a lucky girl I am! I got home last week to find a note from the postman informing me that a parcel was being held at the sorting office addressed to ‘The Curiosity Project’. Unfortunately because of work I wasn’t able to pick it up for two whole days, but the anticipation was thrilling. When I finally got to open my box it was absolutely jam-packed full of goodies, each one individually wrapped with a note attached. Sticking out of the box was a label entitled ‘open me first’ and inside was a lovely cup, some sachets of tea (including Earl Grey – my favourite) and some chocolates. The instructions on the note told me to relax and enjoy opening my pressies; which is exactly what I did.


On the top of the box was a note with sheep decorating it and the heading ‘A Note for Ewe….’ – sheep are my favourite animals! Also enclosed were a couple of postcards from Bath with an explanation on the back of one – it was where my curious friend grew up and got married. On the back of the other postcard was a recipe for ‘The Best Victoria Sponge’ YUM!

So, whilst drinking tea in my new mug and scoffing choccies, I opened the following:


*        A cross stitch card kit
*        A beautiful robin who is now adorning my tree. The note informed me the sender’s mum collects robins so every time she sees one she has to give him a home
*        A book – ‘One Day’ by David Nichols
*        Some wonderful sparkly reels of thread
*        A set of love heart cookie cutters
*        A cute hand-made embroidered purse
*        Butterfly buttons for craft projects
*        A little box containing some fabulous beads. The note attached had the dictionary definition of ‘curiosity’ (a really nice touch!)
*        A cupcake gift bag with some smellies in – these smell great and the hand cream was much needed!
*        A bag FULL of embroidery threads – these were on my list for next time I visit my local craft shop
*        Some reindeer and snow table confetti (I used this on Christmas day)
*        A set of post-it notes for writing lists
*        A very pretty ball of wool
*        Cross stitch fabrics
*        A hand-made needle tidy
*        Some awesome butterfly paper (yes, it IS the prettiest paper I’ve ever seen)






Thank you so much my fantastic curious friend. My gifts made me feel so special; the thought and care you put into it really touched my heart. I’m a mum so at Christmastime I am usually preoccupied with gathering gifts for my son and rushing around preparing everything; to receive a box full of wonderful goodies that was just for me (and contained everything I love!) was amazing. I’m genuinely quite choked at the kindness of someone I have never met. A very happy new year to you and your family."

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment