"Oh my goodness – what a lucky girl I am! I got home last week to find a note from the postman informing me that a parcel was being held at the sorting office addressed to ‘The Curiosity Project’. Unfortunately because of work I wasn’t able to pick it up for two whole days, but the anticipation was thrilling. When I finally got to open my box it was absolutely jam-packed full of goodies, each one individually wrapped with a note attached. Sticking out of the box was a label entitled ‘open me first’ and inside was a lovely cup, some sachets of tea (including Earl Grey – my favourite) and some chocolates. The instructions on the note told me to relax and enjoy opening my pressies; which is exactly what I did.
On the top of the box was a note with sheep decorating it and the heading ‘A Note for Ewe….’ – sheep are my favourite animals! Also enclosed were a couple of postcards from Bath with an explanation on the back of one – it was where my curious friend grew up and got married. On the back of the other postcard was a recipe for ‘The Best Victoria Sponge’ YUM!
So, whilst drinking tea in my new mug and scoffing choccies, I opened the following:
* A cross stitch card kit
* A beautiful robin who is now adorning my tree. The note informed me the sender’s mum collects robins so every time she sees one she has to give him a home
* A book – ‘One Day’ by David Nichols
* Some wonderful sparkly reels of thread
* A set of love heart cookie cutters
* A cute hand-made embroidered purse
* Butterfly buttons for craft projects
* A little box containing some fabulous beads. The note attached had the dictionary definition of ‘curiosity’ (a really nice touch!)
* A cupcake gift bag with some smellies in – these smell great and the hand cream was much needed!
* A bag FULL of embroidery threads – these were on my list for next time I visit my local craft shop
* Some reindeer and snow table confetti (I used this on Christmas day)
* A set of post-it notes for writing lists
* A very pretty ball of wool
* Cross stitch fabrics
* A hand-made needle tidy
* Some awesome butterfly paper (yes, it IS the prettiest paper I’ve ever seen)
Thank you so much my fantastic curious friend. My gifts made me feel so special; the thought and care you put into it really touched my heart. I’m a mum so at Christmastime I am usually preoccupied with gathering gifts for my son and rushing around preparing everything; to receive a box full of wonderful goodies that was just for me (and contained everything I love!) was amazing. I’m genuinely quite choked at the kindness of someone I have never met. A very happy new year to you and your family."