- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: A Curious Christmas! Box #309

9 January 2012

A Curious Christmas! Box #309



"Firstly, my huge apologies for not posting sooner. I hope my curious (and very generous) friend didn't think her box had been lost in the post and will forgive me! I have been on maternity leave from work since May after having my first child, who is now five months, so the last few weeks have been hectic to say the least! The Curiosity project has given me a little bit of sanity at times, and, another excuse to spend time making things at Christmas. My box actually arrived a couple of days before Christmas, so, picking it up off the doorstep and opening it was like, well, Christmas! 

Presented in a very pretty silver glitter box, which I will definitely be using again, all my curious friends goodies were individually wrapped in silver paper and blue tissue paper, topped with a lovely hand written note explaining that some items were vintage, some handmade and some picked just for me. 



Firstly, a beautiful sparkly red bird decoration by Gisela Graham- this now perches on top of my cake tin. Four silicone cupcake cases in the form of teacups and saucers- I LOVE these, and have never seen anything like them before. A baking book, a vintage teacup and saucer with a candle inside, a very lovely vintage apron to be sure I look just the part in my new kitchen! A bookmark in the form of a calendar, some really carefully and well made crochet snowflakes (I assume were made by my curious friend) these decorated my kitchen sideboard over Christmas, and some chocolate coins!





My other half has been mocking me regularly about all this. My taking so much enjoyment out of exchanging little gifts with complete strangers, waiting for the postman every day like a little girl, but I think even he was surprised when I received so many lovely things. Thank you my curious friend, I think you got it all just right, and thank you Tiffany for such a lovely idea, I will definitely take part again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment