- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: Chalk It Up! Dana Tanamachi

25 April 2012

Chalk It Up! Dana Tanamachi

Dana Tanamachi is one of my top ten idols. Her work is astounding, I mean really. A graphic designer and living in New York, Dana is possibly the world's most famous custom chalk letterer bar none. Once you've taken a look at her work you'll understand why...





I tried my hand at a little chalk lettering for a client's wedding last year (although I actually used liquid chalk and my efforts were nowhere near as stunning) but it's incredibly therapeutic- the idea that you can be free to make all the mistakes you like and know that with a simple wipe of a damp cloth it'll be a fresh canvas again. Dana has been commissioned by some top clients since going full time including Oprah, Ralph Lauren, Adidas and Google. Check out one of her  time lapse videos...



This August I'm producing a couple of boards on a larger scale for a couple who love their typography. Whilst I know I'll never be able to do it with such ease as Dana who does this on a professional level, I'm excited at the prospect of pushing myself a little further out of my comfort zone and making something to be proud of that they'll have in their home after the big day.

Isn't she inspiring?

XX



No comments:

Post a Comment