- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: At Home With Chevrons

16 May 2012

At Home With Chevrons

One of the latest trends to hit our homes is the exuberant chevron. I personally can't get enough of them despite not having any in my house (I'm working on that). They're fun, draw the eye and above all create a feature and look brilliant against a neutral background.

Last week whilst I was busy styling an engagement shoot, we all downed tools to, well...pick up tools actually and paint a piece of ceramics along with the couple (who were totally engrossed in their his and hers objects!) I chose this sweet little mug for my son to enjoy when he's older and surprise-surprise I used chevrons in my design...

© Tiffany Grant-Riley


I've highlighted a number of ways to incorporate the chevron trend, whether you choose to paint on the floor or onto the frontispiece of a chest of drawers, or perhaps a series of canvases grouped together. If you're not prepared to take such a bold step then introducing them by way of soft furnishings still creates an impact, perhaps with a bed spread, rug or cushion. 



Wall canvases by Spunky Junky | Liuwa Rug by Missoni Home via Gilt | Chevron painted dresser by Pretty Industries
Rainbow light switches by Modern Switch | Blue & white floor by Apartment Therapy | Place setting & napkin by Real Living 


So, which camp are you in? Love them or hate them?

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment