- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: Wrap Your Home In Chunky Knits

31 August 2012

Wrap Your Home In Chunky Knits

Today feels like the first day of Autumn-the crisp blue skies, a slight nip in the air and the scent of change on its way. I'm an Autumn girl and I embrace every moment of it, from watching the leaves change from a vibrant green to orange, the smell of wood fires wafting up chimneys and the joy of serving up a heart warming casserole or a fresh apple pie.

Whilst sat here with my knitting I thought what better way to ring the changes and say a fond farewell to summer than with some chunky knits to warm up your home. Practical, cosy and bang on trend, they're the perfect way to add a little extra comfort and texture and these neutral tones will compliment any colour scheme.



1. Chunky Hand Knit Cushion cover, The White Company | 2. Snurk Twirre Print Knit Cushion, Heals | 3. Chunky Knit Throw in Grey, John Lewis | 4. Chunky Knit Throw, French Connection | 5. Ring Stool by Claire-Anne O'Brien at Makers&Brothers | 6. Knit/Purl Fringed Blanket, H&M Home.

My absolute favourite has to be the Ring Stool by Claire-Anne O'Brien. Her work is just so tactile and effortlessly chic. I've even been mulling over knitting myself a rug from giant yarn or rope with super giant needles. Maybe that can be my 2013 project once my Beekeeper's Quilt is complete?

No comments:

Post a Comment