- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: Curate & Display #1: Industrial Vintage

30 October 2012

Curate & Display #1: Industrial Vintage

This afternoon I'm bringing you another new feature, Curate & Display, in which I find examples of beautifully styled home displays and shop for items to help you achieve a similar look. 
As a stylist I'm constantly editing the decor in my home and I relish changing up the displays I have on the alcoves in our living room or the dresser in our dining room. I can honestly say I'm not a horder (really!) but little finds will always somehow follow me home, so to avoid leaving them boxed in the loft I try and rotate them whenever I feel a create surge coming on. It keeps things fresh, don't you think? 


Image: Caitlin of Roost's Home Tour, Design*Sponge.

This is a simple arrangement with a high impact. Perfect for narrow spaces, the vintage ironing board creates an occasional table displaying some personal items and photos. Note the crisp white walls and how the dark wood on the flooring and board tie in together to give a more unified look.
Wire boxes have been repurposed into crate storage here to provide another focal point on which to display curiosities, with the addition of simple hooks below.
Add in a touch of green to break up the white space with a small potted plant and an antique inspired bird cage at the other end in similar height carefully balances it out.

I'd never have thought to use a wooden ironing board before but I seriously love the idea! Does this look speak to you too?


••••

Get The Look

1. Old Zinc Storage Box | Rockett St George
2. Ford Industrial 3 Prong Hooks | Graham & Green
3. Gilded bird cage | Angel At My Table

2 comments:

  1. Oh Tiff - curate and display is a fab idea! just perfect and I agree the ironing board works really well. It's narrow enough and tall enough isn't it - so as not to get knocked or take up too much space. It must be fab to know where to source all this stuff!! see you next Tuesday :0) x Gabs (bywcamper)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply perfect for the hallway. What a lovely feature posting. :) x

    ReplyDelete