- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: EXCITING NEWS!

23 October 2012

EXCITING NEWS!

Well, it's here! Today's the day (or night at least) that I can finally reveal what the countdown has been for over the past week...





Yes! With just 9 weeks to go before (dare I say it?) Christmas, the Curiosity Box Swap is back again!



Never Taken Part Before? 
It's a simple idea and not a new one. Each participant enters their details into our database and we match everyone with a name and address of a complete stranger. You take a box and with a maximum budget of £20, fill it with gifts and curiosities (even better if you've made some) and send it to that address. Eventually you'll receive a parcel and when you do, take a photo and let us share it. 


There's a little twist to it this time... 
If you're a regular reader you'll have noticed that this blog has taken a new direction as a place to share my passions for interior style and to share and support the work of British and European designer/makers. With that in mind, the main theme for this project will be...


"Your home in 2013."


When you register, you'll see a box which asks you about your home style. Fill in as much as you can about what you love to fill your home with-perhaps you like mid-century modern, eclectic vintage or contemporary chic? The info you send will give your sender pointers when they're putting your curiosity box together and I want to see at least one item in the box you send which relates to your recipient's home style, something to add to their home for 2013. On a £20 budget you'll need to be creative!


Style Your Photo
As you know, with previous projects I would blog each and every box that landed in my inbox-a crazy idea given the number of participants last year! This year I'm asking you to curate the images you take, create a beautiful composition, style your photo, use natural light (please, no flash!) then upload just ONE image on to our flickr group page along with your reaction. I'll choose the most inspiring images each week and post them onto the blog and in the meantime you can watch as everyone receives their boxes and discuss what you think of their contents via the flickr page.


So what are you waiting for? Check out the rules and click here to get started!


21 comments:

  1. Yayyyy!!!

    Box time!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I can't join since I'm in Canada :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in Ontario and took part last year; it was an amazing experience!!!

      Delete
  3. Sounds so exciting! I don't think I can join either - in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news, and love the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea, I took part in a similar exercise but with pen pals but this sounds much more exciting! I'm a sucker for buying presents for people so this is right up my street. I'm off to sign up now YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am assuming we only learn who we send to AFTER the Nov 5th closing date for entering, and emails will go out between then and 17th, once all participants details are collated?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only just remembered to register again. It was great fun last year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad it's back! I've been checking throughout the year for other projects & hate to admit but my interest in the blog had been waning over the months. Just happened to check back for the first time in AGES & am in time for the registration! Brill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Anon! Pleased to see you're back for the project, but I'm keen to know-why was your interest waning? I'm always happy to hear feedback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffany, I think my interest was waning as the blog had moved away from the original purpose of The Curiosity Project & had become another lifestyle blog, adding to the others that I follow regularly. As a lifestyle blog it is great, but I wanted it for the box swap projects. It's a bit like feeling disappointed at being given a bar of Galaxy chocolate when you asked for Green & Blacks - both are yummy, you were just in the mood for Green & Blacks. Hope that helps :) Jen x

      Delete
  10. This looks lovely - what a great idea. Am seriously tempted but not sure I'll have time to craft some lovely bits as I'm travelling and don't get back to the UK till the 30th Nov. I'll do a bit of thinking between now and sign-up deadline though, and will definitely be following the blog regardless. Emma from http://girlinthegarret.blogspot.com and BYW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tiff, hope you're ok! Glad a project is back :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!! I found out about it after it had closed last year and was gutted!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tiff. I love this idea, such a simple and creative way to share gifts. Will get my thinking cap on! Lovely inspiring posts as well, I know I'm going to lose an hour reading back your old posts! Anna x Betty & Frank, BYW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,
    I missed out last year and was really gutted but have been watching your blogs all year waiting for another project. I would love to take part but am moving to France for a few months at the end of November so was wondering if I would definitely receive my matched partners details before I go? My family would be able to forward my box on to me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anon,

    Yes, absolutely. As the rules state, all participants will receive their partner's details by Nov 17th. Wishing you a smooth and easy moving day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! Thank you so much

      Delete
  16. Hi! I would love to regisiter and participate in this years' swp; however, the link to sign up doesn't work for me? Any help would be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! This link expired some time ago as we only open them when there's a swap taking place, however, if you'd like to email your name and email address to us then we'll add you to the mailing list when there's one on the way. Thanks!

      Delete
  17. When does this years project start - presuming there is one! Fingers crossed x

    ReplyDelete