- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: Lovin' My Work: Luella's Boudoir Look Book

4 October 2012

Lovin' My Work: Luella's Boudoir Look Book

It occurred to me recently that I really ought to start using this blog as a platform for sharing some of my work, seeing as it's somewhere I enjoy promoting designers and inspiration, why not do it with mine?

In July I was commissioned to style the latest look book for Wimbledon Village bridal boutique Luella's Boudoir. Owner Rachel Attwell (also a good friend of mine) was telling me all about the beautiful new collection she'd hand selected from small, independent designers and could we talk about putting a shoot together to capture them at their best. You can imagine I jumped at the chance!


The Concept
I wanted to present a fresh outlook for 2013's brides. Of course, it's virtually impossible to be ground-breaking in bridal without scaring everyone away but at the same time I was keen to step away from pastels which have dominated fashion, bridal and interiors for the past year. Instead, I moved towards hot, Mediterranean colours and channelled a southern Italian villa wedding. If you've ever stayed on the Amalfi Coast or visited Villa Cimbrone in Ravello you'll know exactly where I'm coming from.

I introduced a zesty and bright colour palette through the flowers with the expert guidance of florist extraordinaire Philippa Craddock which provided accents for the soft, Georgian setting of Grove House. When I began discussing the concept with Philippa I was imagining huge swathes of peonies, hydrangea, roses and craspedia and was delighted when she said "we need to think big to make a real impact". That's my girl.

For a subtle twist on the ever-popular dessert table, all the treats are lemon based-the rosemary and lemon shortcake biscuits were a particular favourite and cake designer Rosalind Miller created a bespoke four tiered design drawing inspiration from the Georgian flourishes in the plasterwork around the house. Nothing short of stunning.

Photographer Chanelle Segerius-Bruce, was a dream to work with. I'd quite happily work with her on all my shoots-she just "gets it".

And here are the results...

©Segerius Bruce Photography


©Segerius-Bruce Photography


©Segerius-Bruce Photography


©Segerius-Bruce Photography


©Segerius-Bruce Photography


©Segerius-Bruce Photography


©Segerius-Bruce Photography


©Segerius-Bruce Photography


©Segerius-Bruce Photography


©Segerius-Bruce Photography


©Segerius-Bruce Photography


I could literally post every single shot, I just loved working on this shoot-we had such an excellent team.  To view the bridal collection, check out our Rock My Wedding feature here or to enquire about the new bridal collection, contact Luella's Boudoir for more information about their designs. 

Credits
Fashion styling - Luella's Boudoir
Floral Design - Philippa Craddock Flowers
Cake design - Rosalind Miller Cakes
Lemon desserts - The Lawn Bakery
Paper products - Berin Made
Tableware - Jones Hire
Ribbons - John Lewis
Glass lanterns - Indigo Gifts & Interiors
Sugar tabs - Belle de Sucre

1 comment: