- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: Yearning For White Space Living

17 October 2012

Yearning For White Space Living

Via


Since we've started house hunting I've been craving pure white space. I want to just walk into our new home, wherever it may be, crack open a fresh tin of paint and wash the whole house in white. It's not just because it marks a fresh start, but because I'm ready to savour the sense of space-something we don't have a great deal of in our current home. As a creative person I sometimes struggle to feel motivated and inspired in our home so I relish the novelty of having space to play with.


Via


Via


If you have a home blessed with light (and lucky you!) white is a wonderful way of using this to your advantage. Despite the fact that it has reflective qualities, white provides a fresh, clean canvas on which to stamp your personality. Don't get me wrong-as a mother of one delightfully energetic two year old I wouldn't advise a complete ceiling to floor wash (imagine the scuffs and scribbles everywhere!) but limiting it to perhaps the floor, one wall or built in shelving would create a similar aesthetic.

For now, I'll just have to look forward to enjoying some clarity and in the meantime I'll be pinning like crazy on my Pinterest account!

2 comments:

  1. I love white walls. As I collect so much STUFF in different styles and colours and eras, it helps to have clean white walls as my 'blank slate'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a gal who has always had color on walls, I am coming around to the idea of white walls. Your collection of photos definitely inspire! XOLaura (via BYW)

    ReplyDelete