- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: 'Decorate Workshop' Book Launch At Anthropologie

7 November 2012

'Decorate Workshop' Book Launch At Anthropologie

Holly Becker...and me! getting my book signed.


Well, quite frankly last night felt like all my Christmases had come at once as I attended the launch of blogger and interior stylist Holly Becker's second book, 'Decorate Workshop' at London's flagship Anthropologie store.
A glittering array of some of the UK's most celebrated interior stylists, designers, bloggers and of course Holly's students (including myself) were treated to prosecco and cake on arrival and got the chance to catch up and make new friends before the main event. Having just completed the latest Blogging Your Way course it was surreal but wonderful to finally meet some of my fellow blogging students (it gets kind of lonely working on your own sometimes!)


A selection of Holly's favourite things around the store.


'Decorate Workshop' is Holly's first solo project having co-written 'Decorate' with Joanna Copestick. Written in her signature style familiar to her readers and students, this book is designed to take you through the process of designing and styling your home in 8 steps with a view to dispelling the stress and confusion that comes with styling your own space. As someone set to buy a new home in the coming months I look forward to putting the book to good use!

I was beyond surprised to discover that it was written between February and June of this year. I know- only four months to write a book and yet she still finds the time to run blogging courses, write her columns and of course continue to inspire her 50,000 strong daily readers through Decor8. How does she do it?!

The beautiful selection of homes within the book (including Holly's) were shot by photographer Debi Treloar whose celebrated work has been featured across some 50 published titles. Did I mention how gorgeous those photos were? 


I loved the colours on these measuring cups. Maybe for my new kitchen?


For the main event, Holly was joined by interior style blogger Will Taylor of Bright Bazaar (one of my daily must-reads for a splash of colour on a grey day) for an informal discussion. Dressed in a festive red jumper and his trademark bow tie, Will set to work finding out how she wrote the book and worked with publisher Jacqui Small, where she finds her inspiration and how she puts that into practise-both in the book and on the blog. U.S stylist James Leland Day also took the time to talk about his design process and how he translates his 'jumping-off point' into a complete room. 




It was just wonderful to be able to explore Anthropologie after hours, glass of bubbly in hand and in the company of a room of lovely people-unfortunately it would've been impossible to speak to everyone, but I did get round to saying hello to Caroline Davies of Trend Daily, Mary-Ellen Paul of Hop Interiors, the Mini-Moderns boys, Heart Home Magazine's Daniel Nelson and some of the Blogging Your Way Bootcamp ladies. 

A huge congratulations to Holly and the Jacqui Small publishing team for another beautiful book and thank you to the team at Anthropologie for looking after us all so well! I think it's safe to say we all went home feeling inspired. 

I'll be doing a little review of the book soon and I very much look forward to sharing my insight with you then. 


7 comments:

  1. Great post,so wished I could have been there!
    Loving your blog too!
    Silkie (BYW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff-what brilliant photos and such a lovely write up of the evening. It was SO lovely to meet you-thanks so much for seeking me out my Instagram pal! Make sure we have a proper catch up at the next London Bloggers meet my lovely. Thank you so much for including me in your post too! :-) caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Tiff, your blog is so beautiful! Full of color and joy, absolutely astonishing! I'm very happy to have discovered it, and will follow!

    Antonia (BYW)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post, hope to go to London soon and check out all beautiful stuff at Anthropologie!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely review of the evening ! Sorry I didn't get to meet you this time ( I didn't recognise you ) Hope to meet you at another London Bloggers meeting . Good luck with your new direction . And hurray - I signed up to particpate in your Christmas box project - that will be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's such a lovely photo of you and Holly. It was great meeting you although brief. It was a really lovely evening - such a buzz in the air and everyone was so friendly. I echo Caroline, hope to meet properly at our next meet up. Have a lovely weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you got to meet Holly! So happy for you! I am jealous!

    Angeli from BYW

    ReplyDelete