- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: All I Want For Christmas...7 Festive Picks from Trend Daily!

20 December 2012

All I Want For Christmas...7 Festive Picks from Trend Daily!

I'm really happy to have a new friend feature on the Project today, one whose own blog, Trend Daily, and inspirational Instagram feed I've been following for some time now. She has an enviable collection of props and decor and effortlessly creates beautiful vignettes from what she has to hand- I don't know how she finds the time! Caroline Davis is an interior stylist and has become somewhat of a mentor for me of late, allowing me to assist her on an incredible shoot in London's Spitalfields last month. I can't wait to show you the results once it's gone to print in January! 

In the meantime, feast yours eyes upon this Scandinavian inspired selection of festive must-haves straight from Caroline's Christmas wish list...





"Caroline says...


1. Nkuku's giant antique glass baubles-I'd love a little group of these in the fireplace over the Summer and hanging at the window for Christmas on ribbons- a lovely fair trade on-line store with a great range of gifts and accessories.  

2. Nordic Rose are the UK distributor for HK Living from Holland and I think it would be fair to say I love everything in their catalogue, so the sooner they come over here, the better! The large glass carafe is great value and looks fantastic on it's own or with simple foliage and blossom stems.

3. Ylva Skarp Art at Nordic Bliss. Simple, stunning graphics which would look great in our family room which I plan to do up in the New Year. I've got lots of empty frames in different sizes which would look wonderful stacked up with one of Ylva's prints on our Ikea picture rail (which we still haven't put up yet-6 months after buying it!)

4. Eames Lobby chair from Vitra. This is my fantasy wish and one that will probably never come true, but if money were no object, I'd be straight out to buy one of Charles and Ray Eames' iconic pieces. I'd probably go for tan leather, but then again the red could be gorgeous too and they really are the most comfortable chairs ever. One day....

5. Flap analogue wall clock from Habitat. I can't remember how long I've wanted one of these-forever I think. Just a classic design and I love mixing retro with vintage- perfect for my little office and a great price from the High Street.  

6. By Nord photographic cushions from Skandivis. I love Toni's selection of Scandinavian accessories and cushions are something I need to get much better with. I've never particularly liked the ones we have and they really can change the whole look and feel of a room for a relatively small outlay. Any of By Nord's range from Toni's online store would do me just fine!

7. French linen duvet cover and pillowcases-historically my bedding has always been white cotton, but I absolutely love Bodie & Fou's French linen range. Yet another thing I've not paid enough attention to in my home and their colours look gorgeous."


Follow Caroline:

3 comments:

  1. Such stylish picks by Caroline. I love HK living and Toni's By Nord cushion - my daughter loves the baby Penguin one I bought for her birthday from Skandivis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Caroline's blog - her photos and styling are just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post and thank you for the mention of Nordic Rose! I also have a soft spot for Eames designs. Before I started up Nordic Rose, I worked for Herman Miller, the original manufacturers of the Eames furniture pieces - Vitra used to be a Herman Miller dealer before becoming Vitra. Even after more than half a century their pieces remain stunning. I am the proud owner of an Eames lounger in rosewood veneer - only because I could buy it with staff discount!! Have a wonderful Xmas!

    ReplyDelete