- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: The Sweetest Swaps of Christmas 2012

22 December 2012

The Sweetest Swaps of Christmas 2012

I thought that today I'd share some of my favourite gifts from this year's Christmas Box Swap, the theme of which has been 'my home in 2013'. It's been so wonderful to see so many of you getting involved and really thinking about what your recipient would like and I've loved reading about your homes and personal style. Have you enjoyed it? I'd love to hear your thoughts whether good or bad.

It was quite a challenge to create a beautiful box to compliment a stranger's home on a budget of £20 but so many of you took it to heart and sent a really thoughtful gift. You got out the needle and thread and made something, up-cycled and trawled your local shops and craft markets for unusual finds. Watching our Flickr page and seeing you all uploading your photos and chatting about them has been absolutely wonderful-I do hope you all find a new friend for 2013 and that you enjoyed the creative process in putting your boxes together. I'll be working on some new projects in the new year so I'd be delighted if you'd join me again.

Here's a selection of my favourites from our Christmas swap! Click on the image to be directed to the page and read what each recipient thought...


Photo by Kt.h


Photo by Harri Wright


Photo by Theresa Brockington


Photo by Cariad Clay


Photo by Valeriane Leblond


Photo by CreativeVDF


Photo by Katie Phipps


Photo by Charlotte Bezzant


I'll be watching the flickr group over the festive period and will continue to post my favourites in the new year-can't wait to see what you'll all be unwrapping!

If you're still waiting on your box, it's worth remembering that the post office is always rammed at this time of year, so hang on in there until after Christmas and if you've still not received anything you can drop me a line with your swap I.D and I'll put you in touch.


10 comments:

  1. Each one is so lovely: well chosen little gifts and beautifully packaged, what a great thing to receive... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a friend of mine that brought my attention to your Curious Box Swap (where it had been before I have no idea)... and how grateful I am for that! It's been THE MOST TREMENDOUS fun being involved in the whole project - from making my box up for a complete stranger to the excitement just now receiving mine from the postie (thanks Emma & postie!).
    What an awesome idea Tiffany and I shall definately be looking out for similar projects to get stuck into!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving them all, but my favorite is the curiosity box. Have a lovely lovely Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I was wondering how/when addresses were sent out? I'd signed up for this round of curiosity box but have never been sent details of how to proceed - I hope I haven't missed it as was so excited to be involved! My email is beccascott@hotmail.com if you need to track anything? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becca,

      Yes-your email was sent on November 16th and everyone was asked on the blog and our Facebook group to check if their email was missing. We've just sent it to you again-please let us know you received it?

      Delete
  5. That's the box I received at the bottom there. There's no one who gets me a Christmas stocking these days, so I loved this. It was like getting my own beautifully wrapped Xmas stocking... But in a box. And I really believe you can't beat home made gifts, so the fact that this contained things someone had made was magic. :-) Thanks for organising Tiffany. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte, your box came was sent by me, I'm so glad you liked it! I made the stocking and the garland to match the buttony tin... I thought of you as soon as I saw it! x

      Delete
  6. The 'Curiosity Box' pic is mine, I was thrilled with my box, so much effort had gone in and everything had been handmade. Such a great idea Tiffany and so glad I got involved. Can't wait until the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea - what beautifully lovingly crafted gifts - will look forward to joining in future swaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, there's exciting news coming very soon so keep watching ;)

      Delete