- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.6XeXEVt9.dpuf The Curiosity Project: Clarissa Hulse Christmas Collection

18 October 2013

Clarissa Hulse Christmas Collection

As much as I've enjoyed the pastel trend this spring and summer, I've been craving rich, deep colours and indulging on the sofa on top of a mountain of cushions. I'm a self-confessed cushion addict and was delighted when I first laid eyes on these beautiful Christmas cushions by Islington based textile designer Clarissa Hulse. Be still my beating heart. I love the warm combination of deep yellow, purple and cerise combined with luxurious 100% silk and metallic linen. Yes. Metallic, meaning that the fabric has a vibrant, reflective quality - the perfect addition to your home this winter.




If you're drawn to botanicals then Clarissa's designs offer a more modern twist on the traditional trend from seed heads to ferns and chestnut tree leaves in bold, block print. Colour is key. 

"I have an obsession with colour - it is definitely the hallmark of my work.  Also the beauty of nature completely fascinates me - I draw most of my inspiration from the countryside, where I walk, take photographs and collect interesting items."
- Clarissa Hulse



All Clarissa's fabrics are hand-screen printed in her Islington studio and will be available shortly from her online shop starting at £55 each.

Alternatively, her designs which include bedding, lampshades and ceramics are also stocked in John Lewis, Heal's and House of Fraser.




Follow Clarissa Hulse:

1 comment:

  1. These look gorgeous and positively autumnal. Beautiful jewel colours and fabulous patterns. I can see why you like them :-)

    ReplyDelete