Last week I asked my lovely readers on our Facebook page for some impetus to help me put together some gift guides for Christmas 2013. One of my readers, Jane, recently gave birth to a baby boy who'll be 9 wks at Christmas and she wanted something creative that he can keep.
When I was waiting for Reuben's arrival I spent days bent over my sewing machine stitching a beautiful (if I do say so myself) quilt which he still loves now at the age of 3. Tabby is now 10 wks, I still haven't made her anything and boy do I feel guilty! So in searching for these gorgeous gifts I've found plenty of inspiration for her too. Some items can be bought all ready for you to put together yourself whilst others I've included to put creative ideas into your heads. Jane, I hope this has gone some way to inspire you too!
1. I absolutely love these sweet little mice snuggled into a tin! Download the PDF, make your own and try your best to give them away! Wee Mouse Tin House
2. This guy looks like a real keeper and a forever teddy for little one. Blabla Kids Bearegard The Wolf Cloth Doll
3. I actually bought this Bird Family from SuperLiving for Tabby's first Christmas present-so I have done something! I'll display them in a box shelf on her wall above her cot and they're something she can treasure forever.
4. The Foldable Tori Rocking Horse from Miniluu is ideal for small spaces and it's natural wood finish means that you could customise it yourself...if you want to.
5. A beautiful gift you can stitch yourself for a first Christmas and prepare yourselves for those first steps next year- First Baby Shoes Kit Nel a Ned
6. These Mokkasin garlands are a simple and effective way to bring colour into your baby's room. I love the muted colour selection in these ones which have been over-locked in a contrasting colour and finished with a little bell.
7. Another DIY craft kit is the delightfully tactile Tweedy Toots Owl by SewGirl at NOTHS. A great project for you and a perfect keepsake too.